Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2017-02-20

February challenge


Winter is connected to white colour (at least in Northern Hemisphere) - so our February moodboard. Who doesn't love warm fireplace in the middle of the winter or hot tea in a beautiful mug. We all look for cozy place, where we could feel safe and comforted. 

Feel free to be inspired by theme, shape, pattern, color, quote or anything you will find above, and join our challenge :)



Inspiration from our Design Team:



My project for this month challenge is a kind of make-over. I have had a frame with family photos in my living room, but recently I have decided, that it needs an upgrade, because the photos are not up-to-date. So I printed new photos and start working on a frame.




The base is a wooden tray from 7gypsies, that I have bought some time ago. It is quite large, so I have had plenty of room for using all yummy Finnabair embellishments and media.



Papers, that are at the background, comes from Homegrown collection (7 Dots Studio) but I have covered them with so many media, that they are hard to be recognized :D There are layers of 3D Matte Gel with many Glass Beads, MicroBeads, Mica Flakes, Glass Glitter, Mechanicals and even resin elements. You will find the list of supplies at the bottom of this post.




I have some white flowers, so I coloured them using Prima Watercolors. Most of elements are covered with Silver ArtAlchemy Acrylic Paints with Gold Wax put on top of everything.




It took a while, before this frame was ready (all the layers had to dry), but the effort was worth the time - the frame decorates my wall in living room again :) This time with current photos of my sweet kids :)

Mixed Media Place supplies:





Hi Lovelies!

Well… who wouldn’t love this moodboard? Isn’t it gorgeous! I felt very inspired by the pops of red against white and the natural wintery feel it has, so the heavily influenced my mixed media piece.



I found for something like this it can be scary when applying dark colours underneath, I seriously had a moment!! You feel like the piece is a goner. Destined for the bin... But always remember… there isn’t much that gesso can’t cover!! 



Something else that also helps to provide a great wintery feel is Snowflake Paste, but also Platinum Crackle. I love both for projects like these and couldn’t be without either.
Anyway…  Instead of going into hug amounts of detail, I have video to share of my creative process, but for now here are some close ups.









Here is video tutorial:





Mixed Media Place supplies:





Hello!

For my last project on the Mixed Media Place Creative Team, I wanted to use inspiration from the moodboard to create a farewell piece! I am sad to go, but ever so excited to be inspired by the new team!



I created a keepsake box! I received this little box in the mail with a bracelet I had ordered, I kind of liked it, but knew I could alter it a bit to make it exactly what I wanted. Perfect for a challenge!


Mixed Media Place supplies:






I created a canvas with a photo of my parents. Here they got married not so long ago.







Mixed Media Place supplies:






This minimalistic and clean moodboard inspired me to create a white and bright layout with red and pink details, like on my photo.



I loved the feathers in the moodboard, so i decided to use some and the wood details reminded me of Writer's Block paper collection from 7 Dots Studio, which i also used.



Some metallic elements are in use again and Finnabair Prima stamps matching  the berrys on the moodboard.




Mixed Media Place supplies:








I decided to interpret the challenge in a form of an art journal. Here is my creation. 



Remember to take a look at the bottom of my part of this post - I have a video tutorial for you.






I love playing with the Ecolines and their beautiful pencils now. At first I used tape for texture. I am having fun with the stencils of Finnabair and Art Extravangance Pastes. 





Later I used the 7 Dots Studio papers and their tag as a background for my photo. Some stamping to add details and again texture.



Mixed Media Place supplies:




* * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until March 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store
Winner and features will be announced by the end of March.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for April!!

Have a great day!




14 comments:

  1. Love the inspiration moodboard and all the projects. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! So many creative projects inspired by the mood board! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wspaniały moodboard i piękne prace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful projects! Inspiration pur!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really wonderfull art pieces !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing inspiration and wonderful videos too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really wonderfull art pieces !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning mood board!! great inspiration 😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. All so very stunning! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Son realmente tan talentosas!... Gracias por la inspiracion mes a mes!.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.