Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2016-11-15

'I believe in unicorns and rainbows' painting with lights by TandiArt




Hi Arty Souls:) 

Today I have for you a painting which transforms at night:) Is is a special gift for my little daughter who has fear of darkness. I wanted to make a painting which is decoration for her room but also can be use as an additional light:) I up-cycled my old canvas by covering it with Heavy Gesso by Prima.



Then I added colours with acrylics and my recent obsession- glitter by Finnabair. I love these sets with glitters which has few different shades of one colour. I used two sets in the painting.





Then I used Watercolors by Prima to paint my unicorn.



I used glass glitter also by Prima to add sparkle to his horn;) Then I made holes in the canvas and attached the lights. I secured the lights at the back with a sellotape.







Try and play with this idea:) I think the Christmas scenery would be really nice with light too!

 I hope you got inspired,
 Love, Sylwia

Mixed Media Place supplies:

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhwww she is so cute! I absolutely love this! Great idea with the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo pretty Sylwia. Thank-you for sharing step x step too. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.