Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-02-23

Make Multimedia Art!

We hope you've seen the news about some changes in our Design Team.
Today we are starting a new week with a wonderful project by Athanasia who is making her entrance to the Team accompanied by the sound of a beautiful trumpet! :)
(to get to know Athanasia better - visit her blog and read our short interview)


Hello! Today I'm very excited to show you my first project for this great team!
I made a canvas about my two passions: music and mixed media art.


I started with sketching the trumpet: first I made a draft drawing with my pencil to use it as a template. Then, I stamped with several stamps around and on it in order to create the main design, the trumpet.
Finally, I did some doodling with a permanent pen to make some final touches. It was a really fun way to create a design without actually drawing!


I also made some shades with a pencil to create depth and make it more realistic.


When I was happy with the result, I covered the design with a piece of paper and started working with the background of the main composition.
My first step is always to add gesso with a stencil. After that, I made a lot of splashes with many colors of differed media like watercolors and Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.
Of course it can't be a mixed media background without stamps, and what would be more perfect for this canvas than a stamp with music score, right? I also used a stamp with flowers, that's all.


Then, I glued all the embellishments, the letters 'ART' and the word 'MAKE' on the trumpet.
As a final touch, I distressed the whole canvas with the 'Vintage Photo' Distress Ink.



Materials from Mixed Media Place:


p.s. Great news, Dear Friends! Brand new Finnabair products finally arrived in our store!
We have gorgeous stamps!


and stencils!


and delicious new Glass Glitter, Mica Powder, Micro Beads and Glass Beads!


Are you feeling inspired? :) Browse our New Products section for more!

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow.This is breathtakingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great! Love your interpretation full of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. héhé very good idea! And the realisation is absolutely stunning! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic and beautiful. I love your trumpet - it is awesome between your sketch and the stamps filling it in. I have not seen the like before. And, your layout is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a beautiful work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surprising,I love the whole design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful and clever. Really love the composition - the combination of music and mixed media is a sure winner! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible piece of artwork! Love the work you've done on the trumpet! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an incredible piece of artwork! Love the work you've done on the trumpet! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! The design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous!!! i am in love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW WOW. .. ♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.